Friday, March 27, 2009

A Poem….

Thanks everyone for cheering me up, and leaving words of encouragement after my long-winded rant. LG, Mizchif, Roc, NDQ, Buttercup, and Bibi, I appreciate you all!

So, I was gonna regale you with some nice, funny post or story but I'm in school and my mind is not functioning properly right now. I decided to share one of my attempts at writing poetry with you instead (coz it's saved on my computer anyway). Be warned, it's a little depressing.

So here it goes:

P.L.M.

I changed my hue for you,
Stuck fingers where they shouldn't go,
Cut ties I didn't want to;

I starved myself for you,
Sacrificed my dignity for you,
and lost touch with my true identity.

The scars on my heart
Became little scars on my wrists
But I claimed they were paper cuts;

In return, you belittled me,
Stripped me of my confidence,
and reduced me to nothingness.

All the while I sent little notes,
through my words and actions
That you never seemed to receive.

I'm not intelligent enough for you,
Not pretty enough, and
Not resourceful enough;

I know I'm flawed to you,
but once, just once,
could you read between my lines?

Could you read the notes I sent
they all say the same thing;
three little words repeated throughout:
Please
  Love
     Me.


 

Erm…yeah. So I'm about to head out to class. I'll have something better posted soon k?

Sai anjuma.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRSTTTT!!!!!

OPE O!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow this poem is deep...I remember a time when I could strongly communicate with this poem...as in really...it is well dear!

exschoolnerd said...

i can so relate to this poem...

gosh i need to back to my poetry writing..

Rebirth said...

"could you read between my lines"?

ive asked that so many times in life...... good poem....

Roc said...

"Please Love Me"...

Noone should have to beg for Love...

Sai anjuma.. not heard that from oldddd NTA days..

Anonymous said...

deep cuts indeed. direct poetry that can only come from within!
It is well!!
My Hot words:
-I changed my hue..
-I sent little notes..you never received
-Could you read btw my lines (the hottest)
Burning poetry!!

[the accused should plead 4 mercy ASAP!! :( ]

Buttercup said...

u r welcome hon..hope u r better?

u wrote that really well..i agree with roc tho..one shudnt beg for love..if he is too blond to see whats in front of him, its his loss!

Buttercup said...

arghhhhhhhh me and my freaking typos!

*blind

LG said...

welcome back :-)

simplegal said...

@Chari: I'm happy that you spoke in past tense....I agree with you, it is well!

@XSN: Please do write! I look forward to reading some of your quality work.

@Funms: Thanks! I wish people could pick up on the subtle hints others give them at times.

@Roc: I agree with you, but this is the sad reality of what I've seen happen time and time again. I actually wrote this coz of a family member.
Sadly Sai Anjuma is one of the few phrases I know in Hausa even after trying to learn the language for years!

@Ochuko: Thanks! Unfortunately the accused is not trying to change and the accuser is not trying to move on either.
Thanks for visiting my humble lil blog!

@Buttercup: I'm great, thanks. I agree with you that no one should have to beg for love. The problem though is when the lady doesn't seem to realize that.
lol @ the typos; too blond to see seemed funny :)

@LG: Thank you very plenty :)

Original Mgbeke said...

I love the poem, it is very deep indeed. I hail all you poets o!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Aww your welcome love! Anytime!

This poem was definately sad:-(
It was honest and real though...loved it. How many times do we sacrifice ourselves, our identity in the name of "please love me".

Meanwhile, I noticed the 'sai anjuma' @ the end...kin iya hausawa?

QMoney said...

yup,am depressed from readin it.hope its not exactly true.how are u?

simplegal said...

@Original mgbeke: Thanks hun!I hail you too, madam awesome writer!

@NDQ:I'm happy you loved it; coming from you that's quite a compliment. I lived in Abuja for a while so I understand a few words and phrases in Hausa, but I can't actually speak the language :(

@QMoney:It's true, but not for me. For someone I care about. I'm doing great hun, thanks for checking on me :)