Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Testimony....

Hey folks!

Seems like I've been away too long once again! I was experiencing some Internet issues, but not to worry; everything has been resolved now!
This has been a wonderful time for me...It seems like I went through so many ups and downs, especially emotionally, and now I've come out on top. Like Beluah prayed for me, this year seems to be coming to an end in grand style!
When I was younger, and anything special or intense happened to me, I would talk to God in my special way. I did this by writing a letter to God. I used to walk around with a book filled with letters to God. It's been a while, so I thought I'd do that today.

Dear God,

This is your daughter simplegirl here; I know you know my identity so no problem there. It's been a while since I actually wrote you, and I just had to do this because there is so much I have to thank you for.

First off, I want to say thank you for still keeping me here till this day, and thank you for keeping and protecting all my friends and family. Thank you for not abandoning me at any point in time, and thank you for being there, not being fickle like I've found some other people and things to be.

Thank you for providing for me and helping me deal with the trouble over my accident, and thanks for helping me control my temper when I saw that young lady's friend again on the last day of school. She still had that scratch on her car just like I suspected she would.
Thank you for saving me from another accident. I'm happy you helped me stop my car in time when the tire rod slipped in the middle of the road and my tire was practically off the car, with bolts and nuts intact. I would've barreled into someones fence and hurt my friend A in the passenger seat, but you stopped me on time! And you sent over a nice elderly man to help us get a towing truck too! You are so wonderful God!
Speaking of A, thank you for delivering her from an accident too! The front of the car was crushed and the car was completely totaled, but she came out with just bruises and a really bad headache. Thank you for being with her.

Thank you for putting a big smile on my mum's face! My brother graduated on Friday, with honors, despite what all the naysayers had to say. Now my mum can proudly answer to her "Nne engineer" title. (And please don't hold it against her when it seems like she's being too proud; it's just been a long time coming for her). She really needed this...all the time people delighted in called her 'uneducated' and 'illiterate' just coz she doesn't have a college degree, even though she went to TTC and was a teacher. This helps hold her head even HIGHER!

Thank you for keeping my mum and dad alive and strong. Even though some of his family members took my dad's pic to the graveyard igwo ogwu, it didn't work. They said he wouldn't see the end of this year, but he has, and he's healthy too! And even though my dad's family have insulted my mum in every way possible, and claimed their marriage wouldn't last, they're still going strong! (sure my dad still has some things to work on, but one prayer at a time right?)

Thank you for journey mercies for various family members and myself. Thanks for strengthening my mum, uncle, and aunts. It's been 6 years since Grandma came to join you, and I know it's been really hard for them at this time of year. I'm happy that you let my aunt G really grieve; she had been holding so much pain inside after losing mama, but I guess when she finally saw home, after 12 yrs away, she was able to let go.

Thank you for academic success! Thanks for giving me As in ALL my classes this semester...even those three that were particularly trying for me. And even though I was crushed when I didn't do so great on my MCAT, thanks for letting me experience that. I should've known that you had a greater plan for me! Speaking of the MCAT, father thank you for giving my friends Ed, Whitney, and Sting admission into medical school! You are great Lord!

There is just sooooo much to thank you for, and I'm overwhelmed by the good you have done for me this year. I know that you know what's in my heart, and you know that I'm thankful, even for the things I haven't written out here. You really have been awesome in my life this year.
Thanks coz I know you're going to do even greater things! I love you so much.

Your loving daughter,
Simplegal.

11 comments:

Smaragd said...

absolutely beautiful letter simple gal! very deep. and i'm 150% sure God was happy to receive it too. infact, i'm going to write him a letter as well...lol

congrats on ur bro's grad, and am happy u are well. welcome back.

NaijaScorpio said...

Thank God for all ur blessings too. I was really touched to see that u mentioned me. Thanks a lot.

If u have any questions, email me chacha4mi@hotmail.com

We need to be able to help and encourage each other. Don't let ur MCAT score stop u from applying. If u hear what my score was, u will scream. I can't believe i got in with that score but i did and to a pretty good school too.

email me, okay. Peace.

Original Mgbeke said...

Thank you Lord. Simplegal I have missed you too and I am so thankful for God's mercies in your life. I am thankful for your brother and thankful that your mama is a proud mama...abeg I wan marry engineer o.. :-D
I am thankful for your good grades and thankful for your life in general.

Happy holidays darling!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Awww this is so beautiful! I have a whole journal filled with letters to God and communicate with him that way often too. Congratulations on your brothers graduation! Sorry about your mum's passing. And OMGGGGGGGG Sting got the admission? Im headed there right now. That was so sweet of you to mention her. I know the MCATs suck...and the xperience is brutal. Just took the LSATs!! I wish you well. Keep your spirit of gratitude because it will bring great things your way:-) Merry Chritmas in advance

LG said...

Thank GOD'
nnwanem merry christmas

Afrobabe said...

wow, thats truely beautiful..

lol @ officially answering nne engineer...aren't all mothers like that...

merry christmas love...

exschoolnerd said...

I am also thanking God for u dear and ur family...for being with u all tru the trying times....

Merry xmas dear!!! thots moi!

simplegal said...

@ Smaragd: Thank you! You should oh...believe me, these letters are therapeutic!

@ Sting:My pleasure...It was definitely worth mention! I will definitely be e-mailing you, and just be patient with me if I go overboard; I need a LOT of tips!

@ Orignal Mgbeke: Thanks love. No worry sister, I go hook u up! :)

@ NDQ: I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does this...unfortunately, I never quite had a book for them, so I lost most of my letters. I should get a journal though, good idea! Thanks!

@LG: Thank you nwanne mmadu!

@Afrobabe: I know, mothers...now she's trying to get the rest of us to finish quiclky so she can have a 'variety' of names to answer to! Thanks for the xmas wishes and for stopping by.

@XSN: Thanks dear!

Buttercup said...

awwww...im thanking God for everything on ur behalf..most especially for sparing urs n ur friend's lives..

simplegal said...

@Buttercup: Thank you, God really did great for me!

bumight said...

I'm so happy to read sting's comment. I'm sure she can tell you more. you can email me as well.
bumight@gmail.com

very soon, you'll be writing another letter about ur admission.
congrats on ur brother as well.