Friday, December 5, 2008

Update....

Hey Everyone!

I'm back to update like I promised; sorry it took a little while, I have just been swamped with a multitude of things! This was a tough week for me, but I thank God, because through it all He was really there for me!

First onto my accident issue. The young lady I was involved in the accident with showed her real colors this week. She had been acting all nice before, but this week it was like I was dealing with another person. She claimed that she had gotten an estimate for the repair of her car from back home and it was actually $1750. For a paint job to cover a scratch that wasn't even that extensive? I don't think so! She went as far as to tell me I had to rent her a car of her choice to drive while her car was in the shop, and that I had to pay for her to fix her car in any shop of her choice, regardless of the price. I was just sooooo frustrated with her.

On Wednesday, she met with me and brought another estimate that was $1200. She said I had to go with that estimate because the other shop was not going to fix her car on time for her to leave school. I wondered why this was an issue, seeing as the car was driving perfectly well. She then said I had to deposit the money for the repairs directly into her account. Lekwanu mu ihu nsogbu my people. At that point, I got fed up with her and told her I was absolutely NOT going to do that. Did she think that I'm a mugu? Did she somehow see a feeding bottle in my mouth? How is it that she thought she could make such demands of me, that I would actually have any dealing with her that I had no documentation of? At that point, she started threatening me with legal action if I didn't pay up by today. She should've taken it to court; everything would've worked in my favor anyway.

Anyhoo, I got tired of dealing with her, so I decided to try and deal with the issue and be done with it. My professors at school who knew of the issue advised me to just let it go; they told me to write up a contract and get it notarized, then write her a check for the amount of the lowest estimate. I did that yesterday. My brother and some of my professors helped me raise the $1000, and I paid her. I got my documentation, so everything is settled now. I can tell she wasn't even gonna use that money to fix her car! Before I even got home yesterday, she had already cashed the check! All I can say is, God bless her. She should just know that what she did to me will surely come back to her in many other ways. That is that!

My people, I have to tell you this oh! Abeg, make una help me thank Ebony well well!!! Can you believe that Ms. Ebony actually sent me $500 to help take care of the accident payment?! I got her check in the mail today. God will surely bless her for this help!

My prayer warriors of blogsville, thank you oh! You must have been praying very hard for me, because everything that went wrong for me this week was resolved by the grace of God. My keys were lost earlier in the week, but yesterday, I found them. My genetics textbook was stolen on Wednesday, one day before the finals; I made a few copies but I still didn't know a lot of questions on the test. I did a lot of guesswork, and after the test, when I asked the professor about the questions I guessed on, I got all of them right! I passed that test too! The assignment that was driving me crazy, remember the 305 pg book report? The deadline was extended by a week on the day it was due. Your prayers worked, Chukwu gozie unu nile!!

Right now, I'm just happy. I know it was a tough week, but it ended on such a high note I can't even attempt to complain. I'm off to celebrate my Friday.
Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Sai Anjuma.

9 comments:

LG said...

loll@..Lekwanu mu ihu nsogbu'
Nne' dis one pass nsogbu' d woman be REAL thief o' she nor pity sef'
neways thank God its ova'
@ EBONY...thank you very much' may God replenish ur pocket Amen;

IT IS WELLLLLLLLLL

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Wow sorry about your accident and having to deal with a difficult person! May God bless Ebony!

Beulah! said...

People forget that wat goes around, come around, it could be her turn tomorrow...dont worry, God has turned away all ur troubles, u'd end 2008 in a grand style!. Its a prayer im making for you, say Amen...

Anonymous said...

Well, my sympathies...
lol...

An-Igbo-Dude said...

230,000 naira to repair motor?
the woman na thief

well, at least u still saved like 130,000...lol

I think i might just relocate and be a mechanic in America. too much money

In my head and around me said...

Sounds like unnecessary wahala. Ndo!!

simplegal said...

@LG: The girl na real nsogbu person; anyways,it is well...things are only getting better.

@NDQ: Thank you so much dear!

@Beluah!: Amen Amen Amen!!!

@Itsme!:Thanks! I appreciate it.

@IboDude: Way to put things in perspective...now you're reminding me of my mum who loves to convert everything to Naira! Hehehe...maybe you should oh, so I can take advantage of nwanne ties *winks*

@IMHAAM: Thanks luv. It really was just unnecessary trouble at the time.

Buttercup said...

wow...i can just imagine ur frustration, thank God its all over now..

may God bless ur profs, bro n ebony o!!!

simplegal said...

@ Buttercup: You have no idea! I was just so relieved to be done with that young lady! I thank God for those special ppl for helping.