Friday, January 2, 2009

525,600 Minutes...

Of 2008 have gone by fast. These minutes have seen personal growth, happiness, new friends made, new lessons learned. They have witnessed me at my highs, seen me hit the floor at my lowest points, and everything in between....

525,600 minutes of a new year have been given to me (2010 minutes of which I think have been spent reasonably well) to do as please. I hope that these minutes will find me achieving more positive rather than negative things. I hope that the lessons learned in the previous year will prevent me from repeating the same mistakes again this time around.

So what can I do with these precious minutes? Many things...First off, I plan to live every minute to the fullest. I'm tired of feeling depressed sometimes because I feel like I'm not fulfilling even 10% of what I feel I should be doing.

In these minutes, I hope to be a better friend -by working on those sorely lacking communication skills- and a better person. I hope to be more honest with myself, more focused on my goals. I hope to be more open with others, and let go of the shuttered past. I even hope to accomplish the little goals like less Facebooking *smiles*

How do you plan to use your 525,600 minutes? Use them wisely because they are a great gift!!

Happy New Year people!!!

9 comments:

Vera Ezimora said...

Happy New Year, love. I have so many plans for my minutes. God help me!!

Buttercup said...

may God help us all to make absolutely good and productive use of our 525,600minutes!

simplegal said...

@ Vera: Thanx dear. I happy to hear that and I look forward to hearing about some of these plans!

@Buttercup: Amen to that sistah! Definitely have to get something productive outta those minutes!

'Yar Mama said...

Happy New Year. I'll make a calendar minute by minute lol

Beulah! said...

Happy Newyear Gal...converted to minutes the year sure seems longer... Thnak God for making us see another year of increase!

LG said...

nnwanem nwanyi hapinuye
our year of unspeakable joy

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

ah, my list is endless.....

happy new year!

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

Wow, I really like this! Funny enough the last papragraph of my most recent post is kind of similar to this! 526,000-I definately want to achieve alot with mine! Great post babes!!!

simplegal said...

'Yar Mama: That will be one long calender, won't it? lol. Thanks for visiting.

Beulah!: It sure does hey? I thank God with you my sister!

LG: Thank you nwanne mmadu!

SSydelle:I hope you accomplish all on your endless list...this looks to be an interesting, and busy year for you eh?

NDQ: Thanx babe. I sure hope you acheive everything you set out to do this year!