Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm Back...Kinda!

People of Blogsville, a nam ekene unu o!I decided to take a break and come update...I'm tired of studying; body no be firewood!

So much has happened in this short time (please allow me this one delusion) that I've been gone. I've experienced a smorgasbord of emotions; I felt like everyday just came with something new for me to think about.

So where do I start? Let's see...I'll begin with the good news. To start off, I FINALLY graduated! I thought for a bit I wasn't going to, because I had to deal with a whole bunch of craziness! From stressing about paying off my balance to dealing with some crazy professors, I came up against a whole bunch of obstacles. God did it for me though, and I made it...and Summa Cum Laude too! My parents couldn't make it, but my aunt came over, and my brother and friends made me feel very special :)
The only downer the whole weekend (apart from missing my parents and my younger brother) was receiving a text message from a certain cousin. He was the one who did most of the harm when I was younger and he texted (coz I missed his call, thank God) like nothing ever happened. So if I had answered that call what would he have said? Just acted like everything was fine and dandy? I was surprised to find that I'm still a bit affected by the situation. I thought I was over it...Oh well.

More good news...the people I interned with last summer offered me a job and even told me to go ahead and focus on my MCAT. They basically told me that I should just let them know when I want to start and they're willing to work with me. I'm just very happy about this coz it was so out of the blue, just when I was contemplating my future jobless existence...the job search was not working out for me. I feel so blessed!

In addition, my friend is coming over this summer from Moscow so I get to see him! We haven't seen each other (in person that is) since high school. It's weird that we were not really close in high school but now we're best buds...he has been my rock through so many situations. I hope I don't act a fool when I go get him at the airport.

And just when I thought I couldn't get any happier, I got the best news of all. Remember how I was talking about how much I missed my mum and brother coz I haven't seen them since O4? Well I'm going to be seeing everyone this summer! My dad just got posted to New York and they are going to be here for the next 3 yrs! So I get to see my parents and bro anytime I want to! I can't wait to see my mum in particular...I've missed her so much! I think I'm going to cry when I see her or make a total fool of myself in public, but I don't care. Plus I get to call home whenever I want? That's just too much for me now!

My little period of absence hasn't been all smiles though. Two of my close friends lost their dads and I just felt so sad. You know how it feels when someone you care about is hurting and it literally hurts your heart? It was so sad, and I felt even worse because I couldn't really do anything about it. They are feeling better now, but I know it'll take a while before that hurt is gone.

There was also a whole lotta trouble at home; from the idiots in my dad's family (and some of my cousins form my mum's side) treating my mum like dirt to my brother getting expelled (although the principle says it was indefinite suspension now, so he can get back), things were hectic! I just can't wait for my family to get here; they need to get away from all that drama.

Oh well...I think I've rambled on enough. I'm even feeling a little sleepy sef (that's my excuse for going to bed instead of back to the books).

Ka Odi nu.

P.S I'm in serious like with a guy right now. I hope I don't sabotage it; let's see how it goes....

4 comments:

NaijaScorpio said...

welcome back. Congrats on ur graduation and getting a job!

LG said...

aww swerri congrats' but why didnt u inform me on time??? i for show for ur grad parry :-)
*happy abt ur folks coming over too

Lady A said...

Congrats! I know you feel good! Now who is this guy?! Lol!

simplegal said...

@ Sting: Thank you!

@ LG: Thank you nwanyi oma! I can't wait either!

@ Lady A: Thank you! Unfortunately that has gone downhill...I'll fill you in soon.