Monday, June 8, 2009

Okay…That Was Awkward and Weird….

Apparently I'm really immature because I wouldn't let a dude bite me on a second (official, at least) date. Very weird experience, I must say. Remember the guy I said I was in serious like with? Not anymore I'm not!

I met IE in the library (one of my friends teased that it was doomed to failure for this) while poring over some organic chemistry. IE and his friend had come over to the area I was sitting in and proceeded to begin a discussion in French. I had turned to see who was making that racket, coz that chemistry was whooping me at the time and I needed to concentrate; I was not appreciating the noise. I was busy contemplating whether I should tell them – very politely of course – to stop making noise, or if I should just move, when IE walked up to me and asked if I was from a francophone African country. When I said I wasn't, he replied that he thought I was because I turned like I understood their conversation. So anyways, we struck up a simple conversation and I found out he'd moved down here a few months ago. I was involved a lot with international students at my school, so I'm always interested in meeting new ones, and we hadn't had and Ivorian students at my school. Before he left we exchanged numbers.

IE called me later that night and we chatted it up quite a bit, and the following day (at the library again; MCAT no be beans) he asked me out on a date. We had fun on the date, he was really nice and sweet and attentive. We hung out a lot, mostly at the library coz he was studying for an exam too. So on Monday last week, IE calls me up and says it's been a while, that he wanted us to spend Wednesday evening together. So on Wednesday we rented some DVDs, got some food and went over to his place.

I've told IE I don't drink at all, and that's just a personal choice, but when we got over to his place he was bugging me about drinking some wine at least. I insisted that I didn't want to (especially since I'd gone to his place for the first time and I needed to be clearheaded. I'm a little paranoid – I have 911 on speed dial, story for another day). We forgot about that, started watching the movie. Halfway through the movie, IE has adjusted positions again and again, and now his head is in my lap. I really didn't think much of it, until I felt him biting my thigh! I had to insist, very firmly, that he stop. I mean dude, nothing before, no warning, and you're just going to bite my thigh? I don't think so.

So IE gets, up, gets a can of beer and seems to be sticking to my request (for lack of a better word). Then he tries to play tonsil hockey, with some beer breath (I'm sorry, ugh), and I didn't want that. He then decided that trying to bite me, again, was a better option. He tried this again, much HIGHER on my thigh this time and at this point I got REALLY fed up. I told him I was ready to go (Unfortunately, and very stupidly I should add, I didn't drive down, he'd come to get me), and that he needed to get me home. At this pt he's like "how old are you again? Oh yeah, 22. You're so immature." I'm looking at him like 'what?' Dude continues on, "You won't let me kiss you, rub you, bite you, what's wrong with you?" I was quite surprised, to say the least. For some strange reason (I wonder as I look back on it what was wrong with me too), I was even explaining to the dude that I had my personal reasons for not wanting him to feel up on me that way. He asked if it was because I'd been hurt before by someone, and I agreed (not going into detail coz that's TMI), and that was my second big mistake.

IE finally gets his keys and we get into the car so he can go drop me off. He then spends the whole ride home tell me to get over myself and get over it – it being whatever or whomever hurt me in the past – and not in a sensitive way I might add. IE is 7 yrs older than me, and I felt every one of those seven years in that short ride home because he talked to me like I was some little girl. Lekwanu mu ihu nsogbu, if I wanted a lecture, I'd call one of my two older brothers for that, I so did not need that. Talking about I should be more open to change by trying to drink, and allow some things to happen, basically, have sex with him (n***a, not going to happen with you that's for sure). Once we got to my place, I told him straight up that we could not have a relationship. At most, we could be friends. I don't see that happening either. I got into the house and was like wth just happened?

He called me today and it was just very awkward. He finally said "Uhm…my mum is calling me from Africa; I'll call you back when I'm through with her." He hasn't called back since then I'm relieved. Another sign it never would've worked out: his mum was calling from Africa (spoke like it's just one big ole country)…I kid, I kid.

So, do you think I sabotaged it, or do you agree that IE shouldn't have been expecting so much from me so soon? Either way, the 'serious like' is gone. I'll be back to my library tomorrow, and I'm hoping he'll stay away like he's been doing for about a bit now; I still have to hit my books, and I die before I leave my spot because of some guy.

Ka odi nu.

7 comments:

LG said...

1sttttttttttttttttttttttt yeah :-)

Roc said...

Lmao... dude be tripping..

It's okay for a dude to expect stuff.. It doesn't mean he's gonna get it..

Makes it pretty obvious why he was trying to get you pumped with alcohol..

You did the smart thing by staying clear headed and not letting his trash-talk influence your decision making..

Anonymous said...

very very stupid boy...Olodo iranu!u did the right thing o jare...I hate when boys use that tactic..and the idiot will be the first person to go n tell his friends he did this and this with you on the 2nd date...
So to show u are mature you should let him have your way with you abi..na by force!He is tripping for real!

naija shawty said...

hahaaa, that guy no sabi play. u dont ask a girl why she doesnt want to do smth. u agree w/ her andlet her be. smhw, girls feel touched when bobos agree with them and feel selfish for not agreeing with the bobos initial proposals

NaijaScorpio said...

That dude is a fool. Please don't even give him a second thought.

Buttercup said...

You did absolutely nothing wrong. I admire you for sticking to your resolve!

Beulah! said...

Nne, drop the broda, he's not worth it abeg. Which kain character be dat one now?,on 2nd date? plsss girl....

Study hard for ur exams oh!, u must come out in flying colors..lol