Tuesday, May 6, 2008

About Me...

I'm the biggest fan of blogs, although I usually love to read them...I spend countless hours lazily living vicariously through others! Seeing as I have decided to become one of the ones typing instead of reading, I thought it would be best to introduce myself first.

I just thought I'd try to describe myself...I usually can't do this 'cos I just don't feel that comfortable with it...In fact, I usually avoid all the "about me" sections 'cos I hate having to describe myself; I feel others should just get to know me and form opinions for themselves. Anyways,I'm doing this 'cos I feel it'll help me assess how I truly perceive myself. So, here it goes: I love to read and I love music. My taste in practically everything can be best described as eclectic. I'm loud sometimes, and I'm talkative, but only around people I really know. I used to be really shy , but i think I'm really overcoming that. I am not afraid to ask questions, because I need to have a clear understanding of whatever is being discussed. I've been told I'm a good listener; I don't think I'm the best person to give out advice though. If you need to vent though, I'm all ears. I get bored easily, and I constantly try to think of new thing to do. I've tried everything from learning the Greek and Hebrew alphabets to Origami (which I wasn't very good at!). I'm thinking of scrapbooking now. I wish I could speak more languages, and I really want to learn how to speak French and Mandarin (and maybe Spanish 'cos it would come in handy).
I have discovered that I actually like reading poetry, and I try to write some poetry as well. I daydream a lot (I've been told a lot of times that I'm in my own little world!). I love word games and card games. I never learned how to ride a bike. I still can't drive. I'm scared of the dark...I have to have some kind of light on somewhere! I get a bit paranoid sometimes. I don't have a lot of close friends, but those I do have I'm fiercely loyal to, and I cherish them. I HATE crying in front of people. When I get really mad, tears fill my eyes (Not crying, they're just there). The weirdest things irritate me (and I scratch when I'm irritated): Wrinkled soybean skin, a swarm of bees/cluster of ants, (oh I'm all itchy now, gotta stop)... I've finally accepted that I'm a hopeless romantic (Hence my whole dream man wait). I have a bit of a temper sometimes, but I'm working on it. I get stressed about little things, and occasionally I get obsessed with the little details. I've been told that I'm an overachiever and a perfectionist, and I disagree with the second, but I'm perfectly fine with the first. I'm such a procrastinator, but I'm working on that too. I can be stubborn, and very opinionated about some issues. I'm not the best person to talk to about politics. I love cartoons! Everyone tells me I'm too old for them, but I feel that everyone has to be in touch with their inner child. I love to eat and experiment with different foods. I love my culture and am very proud of my roots (1000 percent omo naija!) I secretly want to be a writer/musician/star, but I'm a private person (don't let the blog deceive you) and would hate to have my privacy intruded on. I have an overactive imagination and I'm an idealist. I get hurt more easily than people think. I'm an introvert (except with my close friends), but people think otherwise. Believe me, people don't know half of what they think they know about me.
Okay, enough of the ranting...guess you all know me now , even gave out some pretty useless information...will update this list much later on...

Ka Odi nu....(Oh I forgot to tell you that I can speak my language perfectly, but I cannot write it to save my life...forgive any blunders!)

2 comments:

Original Mgbeke said...

Welcome to Blogville my sister! Fellow procrastinator. What? I will teach you how to ride a bike and drive o. Can you swim? :)

I always love reading people's 'about me'.

simplegal said...

LOL..ur so funny...I think you'll have to teach me to swim as well...encounters with creepy crawlies in some 9ja "pools" made me lose my childhood ability. My dad says in an emergency situation it'll come back though (it's almost as if he's planning to CREATE an emergency situation...)
Thanks for visiting!