Saturday, June 14, 2008

On Relationships....

Hi ppl! Taking a break from my infernal MCAT studying, so o course I had to come do what makes me happy: Blog!
Lately, I've begun to notice that I'm receiving some attention. This is extremely weird for me 'cos I've always been the one who couldn't care less about her appearance, the tomboy, one of the guys. This is simply because I grew up with a whole lotta males and I tried so hard to emulate them...my father despaired while I was growing up, always saying that it seemed he'd been stuck with four sons instead of three. There's a little change now, thanks to some determined friends and aunts (they still haven't gotten to my inner tomboy; they just think they have ;) ). Neways, I stray from the subject.
I feel the same, I mean I haven't changed...still the semi-nerdy, roly poly olie, not the most attractive girl in the bunch. The only thing that I've changed in the past month is that I'm now wearing contacts instead of glasses, and I don't believe that made such a dramatic change in my appearance. The worst thing is, I seemed to be asked out by the wrongest people; I'm not being shallow here, nothing to do with looks either; case in point: the latest "winner" is some dude whose idea of complimenting a girl is giving her an extra piece of bacon in her burger; bacon, I might add, that he has burnt horribly! See what I'm working with here?
Honestly, I know nothing about relationships. I have NEVER been in a relationship, never been kissed (I kid you not, unless you count a chaste peck on the cheek from my crush as a kiss), and obviously a virgin. I'm not weird or anything, I just had a love-hate relationship with men. Truth is I was molested as a child....and twice for that matter.

You know what, I will have to continue this later. I really have to go. I will be back to continue this soon though.

5 comments:

Original Mgbeke said...

Oh wow..molested huh? That really sucks my dear. That really sucks. :(
Take your time o, let your first kiss be special and magical like they say it will be in the movies.. LMAO.
Hmmmm......Oh and G'luck with the MCAT studying. e no easy o...

Zena said...

You don't have to worry about that, there is plenty of time,

You're very courageous about admitting it.... Good Luck on your exams

LG said...

awww swerry,
wat can i say xcept....IT IS WELL.

*Gud luck in ur studies sha i still xpect ur comments tho',lollll

cheers!!!

Smaragd said...

err... dunno what to say, it's kinda late to say sorry right? sucks tho.

but please dont let it deter u from relationships k?

i'm a virgin as well, so is Unwritten, Zephi Fahrenheit and Desy... (me i've kissed o, many many times), so u are not alone.

firts time here, off to read up on old posts.

lol @ the bacon guy!

all the best with the MCAT.

simplegal said...

Thank you all SO MUCH for all your sympathy...wish I had your wonderful words during the tough times! Thanks for the exam wishes too!

@ original mgbeke: I will oh...*practicing the pucker like Molly Shannon in "Superstar"* lol

@ Zena: Thanks for visiting! Love your blog, by the way!

@ lg: Amen to that. I will try oh...in fact I'm gonna go read ur blog and make up for all my missed commenting (abuse of English I know) right after this :)

@ smaragd: Nice to know I'm not the only one....LOVE ur blog...u r now on my blogroll!