Monday, June 9, 2008

Random...

Hey people!

Been away for a while again...sorry abeg, I've just been involved in intense studying for my MCAT...I'll be taking it in august, so I'm trying to get serious. I shall get there one day oh...Ami.

I just got an internship that I've been hoping and praying I'd get. Thank God. Now I'm trying to see if I can sweet talk my dad into getting me a car. Nothing big you see; just a lil' sumn to take me from point A to point B. I've been taking my driving lessons faithfully, so don't worry, the civilians are safe. I'm tired of catching the bus and dealing with all the kolo people I seem to be meeting there daily.

Speaking of that....I seem to be meeting all kinds of characters these days because of that bus. Just last week, a lady got on the bus and sat across from me. She noticed I was reading an MCAT biology book and apparently decided that qualified me as a doctor. This woman proceeded to chronicle every ache and pain she had encountered for the past ten years while asking what she should do about them. Abegi, see me see wahala. She said she was on her way to her doctor, so I tried to get her to keep her questions for the doctor. I mean, any one I knew something about, I'd help out with, but still. To make matters worse, we were headed in the same direction, so after getting off the bus, I still had to endure about 20 more minutes of her company...she walked extra slow and scolded me if I started to walk faster...I be her pikin?

Then there's the old man on my street who is stalking me. He makes sure he is on the porch at the time I'll pass by his house, and last time he decided to tell me he even knows my routine. I even stayed an hour late last time to throw him off, but no luck. I don de hold pepper spray oh...I don't trust him.

If I continue today, I won't even finish. To add insult to injury, the stupid bus passes by each route once every hour, and stops running at 6pm.

I'm off to go speak with popsie. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

LG said...

buahahahahaha@...I be her pikin?
pele o, lollllll

*Congrats on ur internship, wen we go wash am na!!!

Smaragd said...

congrats on the internship and good luck with ur dad.

that old man cant be well o, haba.

next time u meet "crazies" like that woman, pretend to be a doc and prescribe things like "have sex morning, afternoon and night", she'll leave u alone in a hurry!

simplegal said...

Thanks oh...the internship has definitely been keeping me busy.

@lg: anytime u want, we shall wash it!

@ smaragd: LMAO! For real I should do that...some people need to be stopped b4 they traumatize others.