Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kam kwuo eziokwu...

The title just means "Let me tell the truth." I just felt like speaking igbo this morning!

I'm back with the answers to my 2 truths, 1 lie meme.

1. I once got suspended and had my hair cut in high school for being a bully.
Many you guessed this was the lie. Unfortunately, this is true. I have an explanation though. In boarding school (bane of my existence) I got really mad at this one girl for stealing my money, which was desperately needed at the time, and then repeatedly denying it, until we found out she commited the theft. I went off on her, and in the spirit of jungle justice, some of my mates joined my in 'administering punishment' (I cringe at this term now).
The girl claimed that we made her sleep in the locker room and she fell and got a deep gash that required stitches. I was not listened to at all, the school administration termed me and three other girls as bullies, and our vice prinicpal at the time (very wicked, hers is a story for another day) decided that her form of punishment was to cut my hair. Eish this story is becoming too long; basically I got my beautiful long hair cut, and got suspended for a weekend "because I was usually a good girl."

2. I have a temper problem, and when I'm angry, I have a potty mouth.
This, too, is true. I have a bit of a temper, and for some strange reason, the cuss words just jump out when I'm really steamed. I'm working on it very hard though; I hate this aspect of my character.

3. I'm very good at masking my emotions. You won't know what's going on with me unless I choose to tell you.

Obviously, this is the lie. I've always been told that what I feel is always so clearly written on my face. I working on this too, because this makes me feel so vulnerable, and I don't particularly like that feeling.

Standtall, welldone! What present do you want? Buttercup, thanks for believeing that I'm a good girl :) Rethots, you are slick! You didn't give an answer though, so you're disqualified.

Sai anjuma.

P.S Please head over to here to nominate your favorite Naija bloggers for the Naija Bloggers Awards 2009, and meet other naija bloggers too!

8 comments:

LG said...

1stttt

@..I once got suspended and had my hair cut in high school for being a bully. Nne e be like say u be alaye wen u small o :)

funny enuf, i share #2 n 3 with u, only say i no sabi cuss (weel well)
:)

Buttercup said...

wow..im quite shocked! lol..doesnt sound like u at all..

Smaragd said...

lmao! apparently ur blog does not give u away babe...

u definitely surprised me...he he

said...

D-a-r-l-i-n-g, it's my first time on your blog. I can't comment. I don't know you yet / well - how you write, why you blog, if you Personal Assistant blogs on your behalf, etc. These days of cold / computer virus, I just don't want to catch anything. Consider this as my "wait and see" comment. Okay? Remember when you mama told you not to talk to strangers? It's something like that here - about not knowing a person well and commenting on their blog. You get me? Its like sex on a first date. Some people won't. I would. I wouldn't comment on a blog on the first time. There's a huge difference between sex and commenting on a blog on the first time on the page... With sex, there's instant gratification, but with commenting on a blog, one gets zilch. I'd feel d-i-r-t-y, used and abused... So, darling,... maybe next time, ..maybe,.. but d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y not tonight that is my first time here. I have standards and reputation to maintain. Ciao.

* * *

Mii komment has bin safed, hand will be fiisible after di owner appruvaal.

Anonymous said...

ahhh boarding school days...the good old grass cutting and cruel punishment.

I cant believe the VP cut your hair....then again, is it not naija again?
Sometimes, i think back and I try to imagine the changes i will make if given another opportunity to go back to boarding school. For instance, I will not let the VP cut my hair....whatever the price....but then again, its all in my head

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

wow...na wa for you oh!

Enkay said...

I get the feeling that you went to an all-girls' school!

Those were the days when having your hair cut was the worst punishment ever!

simplegal said...

@ LG: Me, alaye? No oh...I'm the number one Chineke someborri :) Concerning 2 & 3, we need to start a workshop or something....

@ Buttercup: I'm usually the miss goody two shoes, but my anger gets the best of me sometimes. I'm working on it though.

@ Smargd: many others in my school were surprised as well.

@ Secret Diary: lol @ if you Personal Assistant blogs on your behalf...I wish! Nothing so glamorous with me. I understand your stance, thanks for visiting!

@ Naijagirl: I assume you were a boarder like me...those were the days indeed! I especially hated the grass cutting and cruel punishments. Thanks for visiting my blog.

@ SSydelle: it was just a momentary lapse in judgement...yep I'm still tryna live it down.

@ Enkay: I went to a 'mixed' school, and it was terrible. I LOVED my hair, and that just hurt my feelings. Thanks for visiting!